Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
The last day to register online or by mail is October 18, 2021. In-person registration with proof of residency is available from October 19, 2021 – November 2, 2021.
Who Can Register to Vote
Requirements for registering to vote in Michigan:
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- You live in Michigan and a resident of the City of Eastpointe for at least 30 days
- You’ll be at least 18 years old before or on election day
- You’re not in prison or on parole for a felony
- A court has not found you to be mentally incompetent
You may pre-register to vote if you are 17.5 years old, and meet all of the other eligibility requirements to vote. If you pre-register to vote, you will automatically be registered to vote on your 18th birthday.
For more information on eligibility and registration, view our FAQ
When Should I Re-Register?
When to re-register to vote:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party preference
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
Deadline to Register or Re-register
- You can register at any Secretary of State branch office, Eastpointe City Hall, a designated state agency, or by mail through Monday, October 18th, 2021.
- October 19th through November 2nd you can register to vote at Eastpointe City Hall.
- You can also register on November 2nd at Eastpointe City hall, NOT at a precinct.